Monday, May 26, 2014

Goddesses in the Dust: Getting Ready for a Wedding

An archaeologist unearths the divine feminine, one archetype at a time...

My daughter is getting married in a few days, and for a few hours this weekend my best friends gathered to put together a favor for each guest



Start with tiny mason jars 






Put your husband to work cleaning them out



Buy a ton of light and dark purple M&Ms (purple and silver grey are my daughter's colors for the wedding)






Fill each jar in a parfait of light to dark purple candies






Apply a tiny sticker with the couple's names (yes, some ended up being crooked - I'm no perfectionist!)



Tie each one with purple ribbon







And enjoy, enjoy, enjoy being with friends.....it's amazing what a group of women (and one man!) can accomplish in five hours! Many hands make light work and lots more fun...



Voila - the final product, made by hand with lots of love!!



Only 5 days to go and lots left to do.........

8 comments:

  1. 5 days Mama!!! How exciting.
    I love them Amanda. At first glance I was thinking, what's she got rocks in there? Purple rocks? You would think I could just move on down the page but no I've got to speculate and analyze the whole thing first.
    Weddings are one of the best things in the world. Next comes....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how darling! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, what an exciting time. The favours are so pretty. Enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome! Enjoy every minute of the wedding and the preparations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Hope you all have an amazing time!!!
    Those are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the personal touch you put into the favors. I'm sure it was a very special wedding. I'm looking forward to the recap. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How did I miss this post?!

    Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting♡