Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The Knitting Tree

I was taking a walk around my neighborhood and stopped in my tracks when I saw this 

How did this happen? I assume the artist actually knitted this directly onto the tree, and can only imagine how long it took. We live in a neighborhood that is filled with creative individuals: symphony musicians, university professors and painters - and this is one more happy example. Seeing this brought such a smile to my face, and made me think of my friend Lori, who is a master knitter. The world is filled with imaginative, inspired and talented folks, and it is a joy to see the beauty they bring to our planet. 

Wishing you all a healthy, joyous and blessed New Year and may your desires for creative potential be fulfilled in 2014♡

8 comments:

  1. That is a brightening image. :) Happy New Year, Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks like a happy, warm tree

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful sight! May the new year bring you many more beautiful sights, Amanda.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never seen anything like that before. It is really a happy sight. Happy new year, Amanda.

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome! you've come upon some yarn bombing amanda. a wonderful phenomenon, here is a description:

    Yarn bombing, yarnbombing, yarn storming, guerrilla knitting, urban knitting or graffiti knitting is a type of graffiti or street art that employs colourful displays of knitted or crocheted yarn or fibre rather than paint or chalk.

    it's done in pieces and assembled on site, sometimes (most times) under the cover of night. i haven't done it, but i imagine one must be quick when seaming the blocks of knitted color. sadly, some communities frown on the practice. it's simply soft pretty colored wool, beautifying unlikely objects, shame. someday i'm going to bomb my own yard!

    thank you for such kind words amanda,
    all the best in 2014, happy new year!
    lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! I was going to explain that the knitted pieces are seamed together on site but Lori explained it all a zillion times better.

    I love when I come across this. It says to me ' a human being who cares was here.'

    Happy 2014, Amanda xo

    Love
    kj

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yup, our Lori has it right, knit bombing at its best.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting♡