Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Big Magic


I love Elizabeth Gilbert's book, Eat, Pray, Love, which I just started to re-read yesterday. Today I saw that she has a new book coming out this fall. Can't come soon enough. I love the idea she puts forth here: 

Go Ahead and Create and Don't Make Such a Freaking Big Deal About It.

This is a huge relief. As I finish the current book I'm writing I'm already looking ahead to the next. Sweating, fretting, a bit anxious. Then I realized: Relax. Have fun. Read for a while. You just wrote a book for Goddess's sake. Take some time to rest in between and let those creative juices swell, bubble and reform themselves into a sweet new brew. 

Good advice, Liz. Cannot wait until September.  


6 comments:

  1. Wonderful...congrats on your newest upcoming book..shine on..yes relax and enjoy the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe you are already on to the next book. Didn't know you were so far with the first one. Proud of you for getting through it. First and foremost, it should be enjoyable. You are so right. I never read EPL, but if you are re-reading it, I'm going to have to get a copy posthaste.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good advice. It's good to look at things from a different perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  4. good advise, and hurray about the book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep looking ahead to the next challenge, I say. Challenges keep us sharp.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting♡